Did you know?
Pope John Paul II is now a Blessed !
Bl. Pope John Paul II
Did you know?
Divine Mercy Sunday (May 1, 2011) Pope John Paul II became a Blessed!
- 1st Miracle - a French nun's recovery from Parkinson's disease
- A French nun suffered four years of declining health with the same disease which inflicted Pope John Paul II
- Sister Marie Simon-Pierre, healing was deemed miraculous due to an intercessory prayer to Pope John Paul II
- The instantaneous healing occurred on June 2, 2005 (two months to the day after the death of Pope John Paul II)
- Sister Marie belongs to the Order of the Little Sisters of Catholic Motherhood
- Sister Marie has returned to work as a nurse at a maternity hospital
- Pope Benedict XVI will conduct the beatification ceremony on the Feast of Divine Mercy Sunday
- Divine Mercy Sunday is the first Sunday after Easter and was the mission of St. Faustina
- On Divine Mercy Sunday, the soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion will obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment
- On Divine Mercy Sunday, Pope John Paul II will be given the title "Blessed" and can be publicly venerated
- A relic of Pope John Paul II's blood will be installed at a new Polish church in Krakow
- The relic will be encased in crystal and built into the altar of the church
“All I can tell you is that I was sick and now I am cured"...Sister Marie Simon-Pierre
-Pope John Paul II Biography-